As always, I hope that you are well or on the road to wellness. Yesterday I read an interesting article about the effect of Brazil nuts on cholesterol and thought that a talk about cholesterol would make a good posting. I think we all know that we need cholesterol to live, but we need just the right kinds in the right balance. Below you will find links to information about cholesterol and how to maintain a healthy cholesterol profile. I hope you find the information both helpful and interesting:
What is cholesterol? Is it needed for our body to function? What do we mean by “good” or “bad” cholesterol? What are risks of too much “bad” cholesterol or too little “good” cholesterol? Answers by Health24.
- How to lower your cholesterol without drugs from Harvard Medical
- The treatment of high cholesterol by Dr. Andrew Weil
- 11 tips to cut your cholesterol fast by WebMD
- Top 5 lifestyle changes to improve your cholesterol by Mayo Clinic
- Read this before using niacin for your cholesterol by WebMD
Read these three articles about Brazil nuts before trying a safe, simple, inexpensive, easy and effective natural way to improve your cholesterol:
- 4 Brazil nuts once a month from Nutrition Facts
- Brazil nuts improve lipid profile in healthy subjects by National Institutes of Health
- Too many Brazil nuts can cause selenium poisoning by Nutrition Mythbusters
Good and Bad Cholesterol:
Lower your cholesterol when your are young for optimum health:
Food and Your Health: Cholesterol from The American Heart Association :
There is some disagreement over the cholesterol theory of heart disease. It can be interesting to read and watch the various opinions, but don’t believe everything you see or hear on the Internet!
Thanks for reading and for joining in the quest for wellness.
See you Wednesday!