I hope you are well and have survived this wintry weather in good health! Here is a link to a previous posting on preparing for and dealing with winter weather. Jackie and I watched both Championship Games today, and Jackie is now planning her Super Bowl Party.
According to the USDA, Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest food consumption day in the USA, right behind Thanksgiving. In addition to watching the game, cheering for our team (“Go, Rams” – “Go, Pats”), enjoying the great ads and the halftime show, we should also be concerned with what foods we’re serving (or eating), keeping everyone safe from food poisoning, taking care of leftovers, and making sure everyone makes it home safely. Below you will find some of these topics with links to further information. There will also be a video or two just for fun. I hope they are helpful and interesting:
- “30+ Healthy Super Bowl Food Ideas” from “Country Living”
- “Healthier Made-Over Classic Super Bowl Recipes” from “The Food Network”
- “Healthy Super Bowl Party Recipes” from “Eating Well”
- “75 Healthyish Super Bowl Snacks” from “Bon Appétit”
- “Healthy Game Day Recipes” from “Lexi’s Clean Kitchen”
- “41 Guilt-Free Super Bowl Snacks” from “Greatist”
- “Avoiding Food Poisoning at your Super Bowl Party” from USDA
- “End Game Strategies for Super Bowl Leftovers” from USDA
- “Worksheet on Fighting BAC for Kids” from FightBAC.org
- “An Illustrated History of the Super Bowl Halftime Show” by “The Washington Post”
- “It’s Halftime” by “Sports Illustrated”
- “The Story Behind the First Super Bowl” by “ABC News”
- “Making Sure Everyone Gets Home Safely” from “The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic”
Super Bowl Party Stereotypes:
Super Bowl 2018 Full Game Replay:
Super Bowl I (1967):
Every Team’s First Super Bowl Win (NFL Highlights):
You’ll have to watch at this link: Every Team’s First Super Bowl Win, since it’s been blocked for republication by the NFL.
About the First Super Bowl Halftime:
UA Marching Band at First Superbowl:
Thanks for reading (and watching) and for joining in the quest for wellness.
See you Wednesday!