Wellness in every way is always my wish for you. Today we’re going to look at opioids and their impact on our lives both individually and in our community. Below you will find links to information about these drugs as well as some relevant videos. I also invite you to attend the March 13th Town Hall Meeting on opiate use and its effects on our community. Information on that meeting is also found below. Please take time to review some of this information and, if possible, to attend the Town Hall Meeting.
- Nunda Town Hall Meeting March 13th
- Read this if you have time for just one link.
- What are Opioids?
- How Opioid Addiction Occurs
- Drug Facts for Parents
- Drug Facts for Teens
- Drug Facts for Teachers
- How to Tell if a Loved One is Abusing Opioids
- Treating and Preventing Opioid Overdose
- Downloadable PDF for Kids (Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
In the Opioid Crisis, Here’s What it Takes to Save a Life
Children Born Opioid Dependent Face a Lifetime of Problems
Wake Up Call: The Opioid Epidemic From The Frontlines
Can Virtual Reality Help Fight the Opioid Crisis?
HOW DRUGS WORK: HIP-HOP EDITION | Doctor Mike
Thanks for reading and for joining in the quest for Wellness.
See you Wednesday!